Kutak Rock LLP's Denver office is seeking a corporate attorney for its Tax Credit Group. Ideally, the candidate would have a minimum of 2 years prior law firm transactional experience. Working knowledge of tax credit financing transactions is preferred but not a requirement.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in corporate transactional practice involving various tax credits (low-income housing tax credits, historic rehabilitation tax credits and state tax credits) .
- Experience in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of transaction documentation, including but not limited to loan and security documents, operating agreements, partnership agreements, purchase and sale agreements, leases, and corporate resolutions and consents.
- Base understanding and desire to develop expertise in conducting financing transaction due diligence (UCC lien reports, organizational documents)
- Ability to competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys.
- Ability to manage multiple matters and tasks simultaneously and to complete tasks efficiently, effectively and in timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to learn new substantive legal topics and factual subject matters as needed based on the nature of a matter.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Strong organization and matter management skills.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with partners, associates and support staff.
- Ability to work effectively with large working groups as part of a transaction team.
Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in the State of Colorado.
Salary Range: $175,000 - $200,000, commensurate with experience. Attorneys are eligible to participate in Kutak Rock's bonus program, subject to the program’s conditions and restrictions.
Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Paid Holidays and Vacation. Employee Assistance Program. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
No agencies please.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.