OFFICE SERVICES ASSISTANT
Are you well organized and detail oriented? Do you enjoy working as a part of a team? Are you looking for a position where you can learn and grow? Are you looking to become a part of an outstanding firm? If so, this may be the position for you.
This entry level position is part of the office mail room team and will be responsible for performing various duties such as internal routing, external delivery of documents, submit filings at various courthouses, answering phones, and handling all scan, copy or print requests. Requires excellent organizational skills, as well as the physical capabilities to climb stairs and do moderate to heavy lifting. The hours for the position are from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Collects, sorts, distributes, and processes incoming and outgoing mail
· Routes internal office materials by walking to the appropriate location
· Completes small to very large scan, copy or print requests from staff and lawyers
· Delivers documents to clients by walking or by driving the firm vehicle
· Submits filings at the various courts by walking and/or driving to courthouse
· Operates postage and expedited mail equipment
· Demonstrates professional telephone skills and assists with telephone coverage for other departments
· Calculates charges for work performed through CopiTrak
· Distributes office supplies including printer paper
· Ensures copiers are working properly including clearing paper jams and informing technicians of specific problems
· Uses paper cutter, hole driller, bindery equipment (tape and coil/spiral machine)
· Handles materials received from FedEx, UPS and USPS
· Responsible for preparing and organizing materials for daily FedEx pickup for overnight and ground shipping
· Flexibility to work overtime
· Other duties as assigned
Complexity of Decisions
· Ability to work under pressures of deadlines and complete large volumes of work accurately and timely
· Ability to prioritize decision making
· Ability to understand and follow instructions, communicate information, and problem solve
· Self-starter with sense of urgency that is able to work independently with little supervision
Education and Experience
· High school education or equivalent
· Valid driver’s license; driving record will be verified with the State
· General understanding of documents for filing at various courts
· Knowledge of Acrobat, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
· General knowledge of standard office equipment
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.