The primary responsibility is to provide secretarial support to multiple litigation lawyers and be expected to work with other staff members in a variety of office settings. The selected candidate will be proficient in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office products, including Office 2013, and be willing and able to learn new software platforms unique to Kutak Rock and adapt to changing technology on a continuing basis. Selected candidate must also have a minimum of three years of litigation secretarial experience. Experience with electronic filing in both state and federal court is required. The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented professional, have the ability to work well under the pressures of deadlines, prioritize and multi-task, and have the ability to move from one project to another. In addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude to interface with clients, courts, lawyers, and staff.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Discretion and maintenance of firm and client matters in strictest confidence
- Type/revise pleadings, discovery, briefs, memorandums, and correspondence (use of redaction and advance PDF processing software)
- Submit state and federal court filings
- Answer telephones and cover for others when needed
- Handle client matters (when appropriate) through telephone/e-mail/mail/facsimile
- Use Direct Time Entry (software package)
- Keep records of attorney’s time and expenses and submit to Accounting Department in a timely fashion; recapping expense memoranda and other miscellaneous accounting projects as assigned
- Maintain attorney work calendars by scheduling appointments, conference calls and other meetings
- Prepare travel, hotel and car arrangements
- General office duties such as preparing copies, scanning, printing e-mails, and documents
- Handle heavy filing, organize and maintain extensive sets of files, both paper and electronic
- Use File Trail (software package) and organize/maintain sets of files
- Read and route incoming and internal mail; assemble large mailings
- Must be flexible with hours when work demands
- Assist with other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School (or equivalent) required; college given preference
- Three or more years' experience as a litigation secretary
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10, including Microsoft Office 2013
- Experience with Power Point and Excel
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Paid Holidays and Paid-Time Off Plan. Employee Assistance Program. Tuition Reimbursement. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
No Agencies please.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.