Information Technology Assistant (Temporary)
The Information Technology Assistant is responsible for providing day-to-day support for a range of Information Technology needs. This position will have a particular focus on communication and coordination of planned Information Technology activities with end-users, testing, and validating the user experience in hardware or software deployments, assisting in various tasks in the asset lifecycle. Further, the Information Technology Assistant may assist with other various needs throughout the Information Technology department.
This is a temporary, eight-week long assignment. The hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This is an on-site, non-remote position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Directors, Information Technology and Information Technology staff
- Assist Information Technology in user-experience testing and result documentation in the deployment of new or updated software
- Prepare, communicate, and coordinate hardware exchanges with end-users [lifecycle, break fix]
- Assist Information Technology in developing decommissioned asset list and recycle, secure destruction processes
- Maintain open communication with Information Technology stakeholders on progress and issues in responsible areas
- Maintain a dialogue with requesters on the status of open requests
- Promote technology across the organization to enhance productivity, improve processes, and create efficiencies
- College degree or relevant certification and equivalent experiences
- Two (2) or more years’ experience working in a customer-service orientated role
Complexity of Duties
- Superior problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, and exceptional customer-service orientation
- Willing to go the “extra-mile” to assist users
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, identify solutions, and appropriately escalate issues
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Familiarity and comfort with current software technology and tools, including Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Normal effort of general office work typically including bending, moving, and lifting up to 40 pounds
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.