Kutak Rock LLP's Omaha office is seeking a law clerk for the 2021 Summer. The law clerk should be entering into their final year of law school. The law clerk will work with attorneys in the Omaha Technology Transactions Practice Group. Depending upon current conditions, this position may be remote or in-person.
- Assemble and organize information for legal documents; research law; assemble case materials; prepare reports and memoranda.
- Prepare legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including transaction documents, complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings and legal documents.
- Research law by studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning, and trends using standard print texts and computers; prepare legal memoranda.
- Support the negotiation and implementation of transactions by performing background research, preparing decision matrixes, and drafting legal agreements.
- Prepare for trial by preparing trial briefs, exhibits, subpoenas, evidence, and motions.
Skills/Qualifications: Client Confidentiality, Client Contact Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Legal Compliance, Administrative Writing Skills, Documentation Skills, Word Processing, Scheduling, Verbal Communication, Client Relationships. Candidates should include a transcript, resume and cover letter describing their interests.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.