Kutak Rock LLP has an opening for a full time Litigation Legal Secretary in its Los Angeles office. Kutak Rock is a national law firm, and it has an excellent benefits package that extends firm wide.
The primary responsibility is to provide secretarial support to multiple litigation lawyers and be expected to work with other staff members in a variety of office settings. The selected candidate will be proficient in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office products, including Office 2013, and be willing and able to learn new software platforms unique to Kutak Rock and adapt to changing technology on a continuing basis. Selected candidate must also have a minimum of five years of litigation secretarial experience. Experience with electronic filing in both state and federal court is required. The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented professional, have the ability to work well under the pressures of deadlines, prioritize and multi-task, and have the ability to move from one project to another. In addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude to interface with clients, courts, lawyers, and staff.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Discretion and maintenance of firm and client matters in strictest confidence
- Type/revise pleadings, discovery, briefs, memorandums, and correspondence (use of redaction and advance PDF processing software)
- Submit state and federal court filings
- Answer telephones and cover for others when needed
- Handle client matters (when appropriate) through telephone/e-mail/mail/facsimile
- Litigation calendaring
- Use Direct Time Entry (software package)
- Keep records of attorney’s time and expenses and submit to Accounting Department in a timely fashion; recapping expense memoranda and other miscellaneous accounting projects as assigned
- Maintain attorney work calendars by scheduling appointments, conference calls and other meetings
- Prepare travel, hotel and car arrangements
- General office duties such as preparing copies, scanning, printing e-mails, and documents
- Handle heavy filing, organize and maintain extensive sets of files, both paper and electronic
- Use File Trail (software package) and organize/maintain sets of files
- Read and route incoming and internal mail; assemble large mailings
- Must be flexible with hours when work demands
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
California Applicants (Privacy Notice): In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as part of our processing and evaluation of California job applicants, Kutak Rock LLP collects the information that such applicants voluntarily provide to us as well as information that we may gather from third-party sources, such as for verification, reference, and background check purposes. This information typically includes the following categories of information: identifiers, protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, professional or employment-related information, non-public education information, and inferences drawn from other personal information (such as from references). Some of this information may be covered by the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). Kutak Rock LLP uses this information for business purposes solely within the context of each applicant’s role as a job applicant to, and (if applicable) a future employee of, Kutak Rock LLP, including potentially retaining this information in order to consider and contact you about future or different employment opportunities. Please contact Kutak Rock LLP’s Human Resources Department should you have any questions about the categories of personal information Kutak Rock LLP collects about California job applicants or the purposes for which Kutak Rock LLP uses such information.