The primary responsibility is to perform secretarial duties for attorneys while providing overall assistance to the day-to-day operations of the branch office.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operates the telephone console by professionally answering incoming calls.
• Directs callers to appropriate persons and/or taking messages.
• Maintains reception and conference room facilities.
• Greets and directs visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
• Coordinates and schedules conference room availability.
• Ensures conference room is fully equipped and setup for meetings, maintained for use, stocked with necessary supplies and the necessary actions are taken following meetings for additional use.
• Assists clients, guests, and employees with conference room audio/visual and video equipment.
• Submits work orders to property manager for building maintenance issues, HVAC issues, lighting, etc.
• Distributes incoming faxes using electronic faxing software.
• Assist with other related clerical duties such as mailing, shipping FedEx, photocopying, faxing, filing and scanning as needed.
• Organizes, correlates, types and/or edits legal documents and correspondence from handwritten, typed drafts or electronic documents
• Generates, organizes and maintains extensive sets of files, transcripts and reports
• Scan documents and send/receive via email for attorneys
• Keeps record of attorney’s time and expenses and submits to Accounting Department in a timely fashion; recapping expense memoranda and other miscellaneous accounting projects as assigned
• Maintains calendars by scheduling appointments for conferences and meetings
• Arranges business itineraries by coordinating travel reservations
• Reads and routes incoming and internal mail; assembles large mailings
• Proofreads documents for changes to be made before the final copy is produced
• Assists with other duties as assigned
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
• Keen attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Ability to handle the workload for multiple attorneys
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to exercise discretion, tact, and courtesy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School (or equivalent) required; college given preference
• Legal secretarial experience required
• Real Estate, Transactional, Corporate or Healthcare experience preferred
• Knowledge of legal terminology and procedures
• Knowledge of PC and Windows applications
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word and other Office 2010 products
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude to interface with lawyers, clients and staff
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.